The White Horse Soapbox Derby is the largest outdoor, all-action STEM Event in the UK. (We reckon)
30+ Adult, College and Secondary School Teams Tackle a ‘Uniquely Steep’ Soapbox Course in Wiltshire.
Primary School teams compete in an RC ‘Drag Racer’ event, with a focus on STEM workshops leading up to the race.
Why this is Important
- Westbury is one of the most disadvantaged towns in the South West.
- Child Poverty is 10% higher than the national average.
- Generational Poverty can be alleviated with new skills, inspiration and aspirations.
The White Horse Soapbox Derby will act as a practical introduction to STEM training for young people.
Offering clear pathways to engineering apprenticeships and graduate jobs for young people.
We aim to make it a nationally recognised, important and unique engineering event and fair.
Your Sponsorship will change the lives of young people, and create the first outdoor, all-action Engineering Fair in the UK.
Together we will:
- Fund STEM workshops at schools leading up to the event.
- Allow every demographic of schoolchild to afford build costs.
- Change the ‘boring’ perception of Science, Technology, Maths and Engineering.
- Deliver an outstanding, memorable and sustainable Soapbox and Engineering Fair.
Your sponsorship promise is to empower a future generation of Engineers.
We take that very seriously, and promise to deliver tangible Sponsorship Benefits.
- Connect with Customers – People want to do business with companies affecting positive change, especially locally, and especially with young people. There are 5.6 million people in the South West, with a crowd of at least 6,000 expected on the day. (Subject to Covid-19 restrictions)
- Unprecedented Coverage – There is no other event like this in the South West, ensuring widespread press coverage as well as a engagement from stakeholders across the region.
- Huge Social Media Traction – At least 30 teams competing, and 6,000 attendees at this photogenic, share-friendly event. All using #WhiteHorseSoapbox
- Telling your Story – The event location is extraordinary, offering you the chance to tell your brand’s story with innovative, incredible content, including access to drone footage after the event.
The Steepest and Most Challenging Course in the UK, winding (hurtling) down the picturesque chalk escarpment above Westbury, Wiltshire
Bringing the engineering, education and business communities of West Wiltshire together is a key aim of The White Horse Soapbox.
We are looking to include as many local companies as possible to ensure a vibrant calendar event for the area’s businesses.
Bronze sponsors can also be agreed with in kind work that assists the event up to a minimum value of £1,000. For example, Western Skip Hire provided two large skips for the event's waste management last year.
- Page in Event Guide Brochure
- Flag on Course Route
- Promotion Stand at the Fair
- Inclusion in Social Media Campaign
The White Horse Soapbox course will feature five obstacles, a Team Pits and Engineering Fair.
A silver sponsor will have their name emblazoned on a particular feature. Last year's Pit Area Sponsor, for example, was Islington Ford
- Branding of the a Race Feature
- Page in Event Guide Brochure
- Promotion stand at Engineering Fair
- Inclusion in Socia Media Campaign
The Gold Sponsorship is reserved for just four companies that wish to be a key part of the White Horse Soapbox.
A course obstacle will be named after your company.
- Exclusive Sponsorship of the Event, positioned alongside White Horse Soapbox Logo
- Start/Finish Line Branding and Obstacle sponsorship
- Decal on every Soapbox Cart
- Inclusion on all promotional material
- Promotion stand/stall at Engineering Fair